Before fully enabling your Sync integration, we highly recommend you follow the steps in Step 4: Testing to ensure everything is properly configured and test data is flowing between your End Systems as expected.
Enable Workflow Rules
If your Integration Status is already turned “ON” as outlined during the Initial Index and you have already set up Steady-State Workflows, enabling those Workflows will be the only remaining action item to move your integration into Steady-State.
Once enabled, any Records in your End Systems that are updated after the Workflows are enabled will be evaluated against all enabled Workflows and, if they meet the defined conditions of those Workflows, will sync based on your configured Field Mappings.
IMPORTANT! Enabling the Steady-State Workflows will not prompt Sync to retroactively create or update Records in either End System. Sync will only take action on these records the next time they are updated by a user in either End System. If you are expecting Go-Live to include a bulk-update of certain Records or mass import of existing Records from one End System to the other, please continue reading the Trigger Specific Updates section below for additional options available.
Trigger Specific Updates (Optional)
Once your Steady-State Workflows have been enabled, you may want to create or update a certain segment of records in either End System.
Example use cases may include:
- My Marketing System is brand new, and I want to create records for all the companies that currently exist in my CRM
- I want to sync all of the Opportunities that currently exist in my CRM to my Marketing System so that my Marketing Team can use the outcomes for full-circle reporting
- I think most of my “Sales Qualified Leads” exist in my CRM already, but I want to go ahead and Sync any that don’t all at once.
If you would like to sync multiple Records at once without waiting for users to organically update the individual Records in your End Systems, the following options are available:
- Manually update each Record individually within each System (best for small-batch updates)
- Create a list in each system and mass update each record in this list within your End System (most End Systems offer this feature; you may need to refer to support documentation provided by those End Systems if you are unsure how to perform this action)
- Perform a Full Reset of your Sync as outlined in the How To: Reset Your Sync and Start from Scratch support article by selecting the Sync Past and Future Changes option and enabling the Advanced Option to start your Sync from the beginning when toggling your Integration Status from “OFF” to “ON”.
Note, Options 1 and 2 can be performed without interrupting your Steady-State operations. Option 3 will be similar to performing the 3.2 Initial Index, and syncing will not resume until the task is complete. If possible, we recommend Option 1 or 2.
Go Live (Steady-State)
Congratulations! Your Sync portal is now sending new and updated Records between your Systems! At this point there are a couple of key things to remember:
- Sync runs occur at five-minute intervals by default (starting from the completion of the last Sync run); if you would like to adjust this interval, you may do so in the “Advanced” options when toggling the Sync Integration Status from “OFF” to “ON”
- Even though Sync is designed to be a set-and-forget solution, it is a best practice to designate a user to log in and check the Dashboard about once per week, to ensure Records are Syncing properly
- If the authenticating user’s password changes for a Connector that requires a password login, it must also be updated in Sync in the Connectors tab.
If you encounter issues or questions at any time during your Sync experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team by using the Submit a Support Ticket form.