When syncing Eventbrite with Marketo, the most common use case is to add a Contact in Marketo to a Program based on an Event that the record signed up for in Eventbrite. Usually, customers like to setup Programs for each event showing who attended or who did not attend. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to set this up within your Bedrock portal.
Step 1: Create Programs in Marketo for Each Event
You will need to have your Programs setup within Marketo for where you want the Eventbrite Attendees to appear before continuing with the below steps. Here is a help article from Marketo on how to setup a Program.
Pay special attention to the Channel setup step where you are entering in values for Status as you'll be using these values in the next step below.
Step 2: Setup Your Event Workflows in Bedrock
For each Event, you'll create a Workflow in your Bedrock portal. Click on the Workflow tab and then click on Add a Workflow.
Here is what the Workflow should look like:
- "IF" statement should be set to ALL
- Connector you are selecting is Eventbrite and record will be the Attendee record
- Choose Event Name and 'Contains' for your first rule and enter in the Event Name (i.e. ABC)
- Click on the "+" to add another rule and this time select the Status field and say 'Contains' Attended (or Not Attended depending on what you are tracking with this Workflow).
- Check the Sync box and also the "marketo0: add to program" box and select the appropriate Program you setup in step 1 above and then enter in the appropriate Status that aligns with the Status set in this Workflow for the Eventbrite Attendee. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the values are exact match that you enter into the Status box.
Here is what this Workflow should look like when you are finished:
Step 3: Map Event Name and Status fields in your Contact Mapping
The contact mapping is an additional option which allows you to save data to your contact records in Marketo that you bring over from the contact data collected in Eventbrite.
To setup your contact mapping, click on the Mapping tab in Bedrock and go to the Contact Mapping. Here you'll see your basic fields for contacts such as First Name, Last Name, Email, etc.
For the purposes of this process, we want to make sure that the fields we are using in our Workflows are also mapped. Here is what the field mappings look like once you have them setup:
That’s it, now you’ve set up your rules to both add Eventbrite Attendees to a Program in Marketo and push the data captured on Eventbrite Attendees to Marketo Leads.