Once you've auto-generated your Mappings (learn how here) you can add Fields to each Mapping. There will be some standard fields that were auto-mapped but you can manually add fields by following these steps:
To add a field mapping:
- Click on "Mappings" in the left-hand navigation
- Click on the settings icon () for your mapping and choose "Edit Fields"
- On the mapping detail screen, click the "Refresh Field Info" button to make sure that Formstack Sync has the latest field data from your connected systems
- Click the "Add Field" button
- Enter a meaningful "Label" for your field mapping (This can be anything that makes sense to you)
- If you want this field to have a default value when a record is added to a system, enter the "Default Value"
- Under the "Connector" column click on "Click to edit..."
- Select the appropriate system from the "Connector" drop-down
- Select the appropriate record type from the "Object" drop-down (Objects denoted with a ">", like "contact>owner", make fields available from related objects)
- Select the desired field from the "Field" drop-down
- If the field is read-only, set the "Read Only" drop-down to "Yes" (otherwise you can leave it blank)
- If the field should have a different default value for this object, you can enter it in the "Default Value" column for the field
- Click the "Add Mapped Field" to add a field from another object to this mapping and repeat steps 8 - 12 until all of the fields for this field mapping have been added
- You can reorder the priority of fields from various systems and objects by dragging the row to reorder them
- Click the "Save" button to save your field mapping