The Formstack Sync Microsoft Dynamics connector works with the following versions of CRM:
- Cloud-based CRM 2016
- Cloud-based CRM 2013
- Cloud-based CRM 2011
- On-premise CRM 2016
- On-premise CRM 2013
- On-premise CRM 2011
- On-premise CRM 2015 On-premise via direct database connection with ODBC
In order to authenticate the Microsoft Dynamics connector in the Formstack Sync Portal a user with administrator permissions is required.
The Microsoft Dynamics connector does support on-premise and cloud hosted environments. In order for a self-hosted Dynamics CRM to connect to Formstack Sync it must have Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) enabled and be using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
At this time the Formstack Sync Microsoft Dynamics connector does not support (NTLM). You can learn more on how to install the Dynamics connector here.
Each object below may have a certain set of sub-objects. Not all sub-objects are supported by Formstack Sync so it's important to discuss any specific data points related to these objects that are important to your integration needs with our sales team.
|Object||Permissions||Custom Field Support||Dedupe Key|
|Lead||Read / Update / Create||Yes|
|Contact||Read / Update||Yes|
|Account||Read / Update / Create||Yes||Name|
|Opportunity||Read / Update||Yes||Est. Close Date Topic Contact and Company Relationship|
|Task||Read / Update / Create||Yes||Subject Actual End / Occurred At|
API Version and Limits
Formstack Sync currently uses the "Organization service" Microsoft Dynamics API also known as the the “SOAP endpoint”. Learn more about the different versions on Microsoft's Developer Network here.
Every Connector has a set of considerations and limitations that can impact how data will flow from one system to another. These may not be the only limitations depending on your integration needs. Make sure to discuss your key integration goals with your Formstack Sync sales representative to ensure we can meet your needs.
- When setting up your Contact Mapping, you will notice that the field called Topic is required for the Lead object in Dynamics. We recommend mapping this with the other systems Company Name field and make this systems field read-only. If you don't map this field we won't be able to create new Leads.
- Out of the box Formstack Sync cannot create contact records if you are also using leads. If your company is only using contacts Formstack Sync can be set up in a way to ignore leads which allows the integration to create contacts. Get in touch with our Support Team and they should be able to get this set up for you.
- If you plan on mapping currency fields and want these fields to populate upon the creation of a new Lead in Dynamics, make sure to set a default value just for the field associated with the Lead in Dynamics in the mapping. The value must be a legal ID for a currency record in your Dynamics CRM. You will find this by looking at a Currency object in your CRM.
- When mapping company name field do not map contact>company name. Map contact>account-company name. To learn more click here.
- When mapping the public contact link out of HubSpot, ensure that the field you create in Dynamics is 1000 characters long. This will prevent any errors from the field being too short for the URL.
- We are unable to write into Select-Type fields for customers that are on CRM 2011. We are only able to read data from such fields.